Sunday 6 April 2014

Toddler Meal Ideas: Gnocchi with Smoked Fish

I see a lot of people asking for meal ideas for their toddlers so thought I would begin to document some of the meals that I give to Charlotte and that she enjoys, first up is Gnocchi in a tomato and basil sauce with smoked fish.

I make a big batch of the tomato sauce and freeze as it's handy to have with pasta, chicken, fish, gnocchi and over potato.

Tomato and Basil Sauce

1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
Huge bunch of fresh basil.

How to make the sauce.

1. Finely dice the red onion and crush garlic. Soften in a small amount of olive oil.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and basil and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Place in blender and whizz up. When Charlotte was small I did this until it was completely smooth, I now leave it a bit chunkier.

Charlotte loves smoked fish and won't entertain unsmoked. Place fish in some tin foil with a squeeze of lemon juice, wrap up and oven cook until fish flakes apart.

Cook gnocchi according to packet instructions. Serve with a side salad or vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment